Whew, it has been a LONG TIME since I posted….. Like, over a month….. But this has been on my heart for a few days, so I need to express it!!! Its is really random, I have not studied a whole bunch, and its just flowing from the tips of my fingers……. Thus being said, here we go!!!
How many times to we see on social media, “pray for me”, “pray for mom, she is ill”, “pray for my family in our time of need”, etc…. Well, I see it all the time and so many times I say that I am going to pray for that person and completely forget!!! Or, I will have the BEST intentions to pray for the person and I never do because life happens! I guess I just want to encourage you that when we say we are going to pray for someone, pray for them right then!
I got a phone call a few weeks ago…. The call was FULL OF DRAMA, and I really didn’t want to hear it, so I just cut the conversation short and told the young lady that we were going to pray. We prayed about each person involved in the mess, and even for a breakthrough for the drama starters. I prayed right then for the salvation of everyone involved and for peace beyond all understanding. ~~~ After I prayed I felt so much better. I wasn’t upset nor was I aggravated due to the nature of the conversation. Prayer defiantly changes things!!
But if you are not sure how to pray, here are a few things that can help you:
- Take The Time: The girls I sing with fasted and prayed together for a month. We each told our prayer requests via GroupMe and everyday at Noon, we prayed for our prayer requests. The Noon hour worked for all for all of us and it drew us closer, but even more that, we spent imitate time with Christ praying for each other!
- Prayer Journal: Get a notebook, decorate it, and write your prayers down. Writing usually releases those emotions that you cant always get out.
- There Is NO Right Way To Pray: When you are praying to God, you are merely talking to him and being thankful and requesting things from him. You can talk to him like he is your bestfriend, your parents, your home boy/girl, just talk to him….
- Be YOURSELF: Sometimes we can be intimidated during prayer time, but just be yourself!!! Our Heavenly Father will accept you for you as long as you have a genuine heart!
- Let It Transform You: Practice makes perfect. The entire Christian life, including prayer, is something that we have to work on to become better at it. God can do amazing things in us through our reaching out to him in prayer (This was taken from http://lifeteen.com/prayer/)
When we pray, we have to be honest with ourselves so we can be honest with God! And when we say we are going to pray for people, pray right then! It would mean so much more for you to pray with them and let them hear or see your prayer rather than the thought that the person may or may not have prayed when they said they did! I hope this post helps someone!
I know it was very random and not as put together as other posts, but know that God wants your hearts…. Point, blank, period!!!
Prayer: Father God, I just want to say thank you! Thank you for this opportunity to minister and to just open the incite for someone that may not have a relationship with you. Father I just pray right now for all your children. I pray that you will increase in the hearts of your people so that your light can shine in the midst of this dark world! Lord I am asking that you will bless all those that are sick, hurt, heartbroken, and insecure. I pray for those people that are literally losing their mind, that don’t know you, Lord I’m praying for those that don’t believe in your power! Father I am asking right now that you grant to the prayer requests of those that I said I would pray for and may have neglected. Lord I am asking you to continue to be with all those that are reading this and those may be struggling to get to know you. Father God, I am just asking you to do great things in my life as I know you will! I ask all these things in your son Jesus name I pray.
Amen and Praise God!